Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family History on Farming

Friday night, I asked my Mom and Grandma about our ancestral history and whether or not we had farming experience in the family. Having known that my ancestors from the state of Puebla, Mexico lived off of the farm, I hoped they would be able to give me great information. Unfortunately, both my mother and grandmother knew little about how they worked the land. They did tell me, however, that my grandmother's father lived off of farming and selling the crops.

Although they may not know very much about farming, both know plenty when it comes to gardening. There wasn't much they could explain to me about their gardening skills, but both offered to provide advice and suggestions if our class chose to plant flowers in the school garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment